RETURNS & REFUNDS
We are confident that you will love your purchase from Chelsea Vintage Couture and we understand the importance of peace of mind when shopping online. If you decide you would like to return your item, please read our conditions below.
All our items for sale are vintage or preowned and they are not new and therefore will always have minor imperfections, even when the items have been used and worn with love and care. Any age-related wear and damage will be mentioned in the description with photos. All our luxury branded items are preowned and go through a rigorous vetting process by our team of in-house experts and they all authenticated before offering them for sale online or in our office-showroom. All designer handbags are authenticated and an invoice is provided.
Please read the full item description for sale carefully. If you need to ask more photos, videos etc. before buying please do not hesitate to send us a message by Email, WhatsApp or text or to call us. We respond immediately to any inquiries and we are very happy to assist you and to help you to purchase directly on our site or over the phone.
Every item is verified scrupulously by our team before shipping and each item is sold as it is described. If you have an unwanted item or order, please contact our Customer Services team within five days (5 days) of receiving said items, detailing your order reference number, the item(s) you wish to return and the reason why and we will study your request.
Not every item can be returned and refunded because our items are preowned, vintage, rare and one-off unique piece. In our efforts to continually improve our customer service, we accept returns on some of our items. All luxury designer bags, and some jewellery, accessories and some designer clothing with particular rarity / provenance are mentioned in the description listing as ‘Final Sales unless stated otherwise’ – can not be returned. Returns accepted for the items sold within the UK, European Union and USA will be be stated in the listing description if the ‘return accepted’. All sales in other countries are final.
Any item can not be returned until receiving our written approval by email. Any unwanted items can not be returned/refunds after 14-day period. We must received the item for inspection before any refund can be paid back.
Due to the value and uniqueness of the items available for sale on Chelsea Vintage Couture and to shipping and customs restrictions on returns, for some of the items such as luxury Hermès-Chanel designers handbags (depending of the value) , CVC will organise the shipping when the return is accepted. All other returns remain at the buyer’s charge. Please, do not return any item by regular standard post, all items must be insured, with tracking number and signed for. CVC is not responsible for any loss or damage during transport.
The Buyer will be charged for the return shipping fees and for any transaction-processing fees if CVC agreed to pay up front for the return shipping. These fees will be deducted from the Return Amount due to be refunded.
How To Return an Item
1. Contact our Customer Services Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of receiving your order to request a return-refund. Please mention your order reference number and the reason for returning the item. This time frame must be respected. Please do not return the item until you receive our approval to do so by email otherwise we will be unable to help you.
2. If you receive our approval and if you are untitled to return the item, one of our team will email you the necessary documents, the removal date and a prepaid shipping label. Please print them and attach them on the return package. The collection date specified must be respected. Otherwise, if the client is taking care of the return, the client must email us the tracking number.
3. Items must be returned in their original condition with their tag in order to be eligible for a full refund. All items that are returned will be inspected upon arrival and in all cases, the items must be returned complete (i.e. with the tag, with any accessories or other parts received with the item). In case the buyer have failed to take reasonable care of the item, whilst in their possession or when returning them, Chelsea Vintage Couture reserves the right not to refund the buyer or to refund less of the amount due. We cannot accept the return of items that are damaged (where such damage has occurred following delivery to the Buyer) due to fair wear and tear, wilful, engraved, altered, damage, accident, negligence by a Buyer or a third party (other than the carrier), use otherwise than in accordance with their intended use, failure to follow the manufacturer’s or Chelsea Vintage Couture instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without Chelsea Vintage Couture’s prior approval
Once received and inspected Chelsea Vintage Couture will decide to pay the full refund or a partial refund minus above-noted return fees, shipping charges and transaction fees.
Please bear in mind that we are selling only vintage rare, one-off piece of each item! The 5 days Return Time-Frame must be respected in order for us to accept your return. Failure to respect the aforementioned deadlines will not be refunded.
What’s happens if you wish to return an item where it is mentioned in the description: Final Sale unless stated otherwise? Chelsea Vintage Couture can accept to re-sale your unwanted item on your behalf during a period of three months. The payment will be refunded to the client bank account after the sale is duly completed. In the case the item is not sold after a period of three months, the client can request the collection of their item at anytime (per appointment only) or can request their item to be shipped back to them at anytime. The client must pay for the shipping fees.
How to Re-Sale an item:
– Email us at email@example.com within 5 days of receiving your order. Please email your order number and the reason for return.
– We will send you a prepaid shipping label to print and the date of the collection so you can prepare the item to be returned. The item must be ready on the date of the collection given by email.
– Once received and inspected we will re-list the item on your behalf and after the item has been sold you will receive a full payment.
All the items for sale are preowned, in very good condition and all of the clothes have been dry-cleaned. As the clothing is on sale in our shop it may have been tried-on by some customers. Therefore traces of their perfume may be present on the clothing and for hygiene reasons we will recommend our clientele to dry-clean any vintage-preowned clothing before using them for the first time.
Chelsea Vintage Couture is not responsible for damages caused by neglect, transport, accident or misused or package lost in transit or for any packages delivered or left outside of the client’s flat, house during their absence.
If you are untitled to a refund, your payment will be refunded at the earliest possible opportunity and confirmation sent to you via email, but please allow up to 7-15 working days for funds to be credited into your account.
Who Pays Customs Charges – Import Duties – Taxes – International
Some International shipments including in Europe are subject to customs duties – taxes imposed on goods when transported across international borders. We advised international buyers to check the legislation concerning those taxes to be paid in their country.
The client ‘the recipient’ is responsible to pay the customs duties and taxes not Chelsea Vintage Couture.
Our wish is to keep our client happy and as such we are prepare to help and assist you all along therefore, if you require any further information before buying please contact us at any time.
For further information on our returns policy please see our terms and conditions. If you require any further advice, please contact us directly by email or phone. Chelsea Vintage Couture can change/update our Refunds policy at any time.
Office (By appointment only)
Sloane Avenue, Chelsea, SW3 3DL
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44(0)74 9867 4652 – +44(0)20 7998 6659